Nov 25, 2012

2012: Chapter 25 - Early Holiday At The Cottage

Yay! We got what we wanted, at least for the last 15 months; a new refrigerator and stove. The Home Depot sleigh and two reindeer delivery men dropped them off on Friday.  Installation of the fridge was a breeze. Can you say, "plug it in?" LOL. The gas stove needs conversion to propane, so we elected to have our gas company do it in a few days. We'll have them light the furnace pilot too. As the sleigh flew (ahem I mean drove) away it carried the old and I do mean OLD stove, fridge and dishwasher.

The next day we finished installing the dishwasher we started last visit. Prepping the new stove area included cutting away some of the counter top backsplash and repairing an area under the cupboards. It had obviously been home to that mouse we trapped when we first moved in. While Bill was busy with that project, I removed that scuzzy wallpaper behind the refrigerator and painted the wall.

The weekend wasn't all work (even though work in Sedona is play).  The weather was perfect - 70's in the day and 40's at night. An electric blanket helped us make it through the 40's. A lunch at Indian Gardens was fun. A customer thought I worked there and asked me, "Do you carry Red Rock passes?" Maybe someday I will work there.

On our way back to the cottage, we saw a woman walking her dog on the bridge over Oak Creek. Suddenly the dog jumped off the bridge footpath and landed with its legs dangling through the bridge's railroad rails (see photo below). We helped the dog get to safety. Poor thing was shaking like a leaf, but wasn't hurt :-)

Autumn leaves still adorn most trees, but at least half have fallen to the ground. Takota, our neighbor's dog, was having fun chewing on some type of animal jawbone (again, see photo below).

Can't wait to cook something next time!


The old appliances (and that wallpaper behind the fridge) - ick!

Bill and the new appliances, (except that microwave)


Bridge over Oak Creek where the dog got stuck in
Jawbone that Takota chews on

Autumn leaves near Indian Gardens (our favorite place)

Our street sign that Bill fixed last year after a tree branch snapped it



4 comments:

  1. LOVE your Home Depot Santa! And WHAT TREATS he left you! BEAUTIFUL appliances! Yay, you! I was thinking "what a dumb dog" initially r.e your tale (tail? lol!) of him getting stuck - photo makes it alllllll clear, poor thing. And someday, someday!, you could indeed be kicking back working at your fave shop. (eeeeeeeee!) Some PT friends and I joke about "what after" - one wants to work in a shoe store, another at a juice bar. Note no one wants to OWN or MANAGE one - those days will be gone - just - simply - work - and enjoy - and do something quite different. I'm still not sure where I have the most fun at in my "extra" activities to know what I want to do "when I grow up!" ;-) Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Yay! Know I'm very thankful for YOU! Hugs, honey!

    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lezlee, I am equally thankful for you too! Thanks for your nice comment about things. Yes, what a tale (tail) about the dog. Actually there were two women walking three dogs when it occurred. One never knows what each day will bring. Hope to see you at the next DAR meeting. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the new appliances. Yay! And so happy you were able to save the pup.
    Can't wait to have breakfast with you at Indian Gardens. Soon.
    Maybe you'll be working there some day and I will have my Reiki practice up there - or we could do that New Age book store we always talked about. :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Yes breakfast and a book store sound perfect!

      Delete